This year we have ten categories in which you can nominate the unmissable interior blogs you catch up with every day. Each category has certain judging criteria which should be read carefully before you nominate your favourite blog and please bear in mind the general rules below for every nomination:
- There are no international categories this year so please nominate any blogs based outside of the UK into the most relevant category based on its content
- The blog must be live at the time of nomination
- Blogs can be nominated more than once and into more than one category. However those nominated in more than one category will only appear in the category they receive the most nominations for
- If we feel the blog is not interior related we reserve the right to disregard it from the awards entirely
- All blogs must be written in English for the judges to be able to determine writing quality
- Each blog only needs to be nominated ONCE to get through to the voting stage of the Amara Interior Blog Awards
- The voting stage opens Monday 7th August 2017 – this is when you should ask for voting support from your friends, family and followers to make it onto the shortlists
Once you have nominated your favourite blog don’t forget to share it so that others can nominate the interior blogs they love to read too.
Best Colour Inspiration Blog
The most colourful blogs that can be found, those in this category are pros at seeking out the best combinations using the most stylish of hues. Expertly guiding their readers through the spectrum, these blogs bring a bold splash of colour to our lives. Blogs in the Best Colour Inspiration category should have:
- Documentation on the colourful aspects of the interior design world
- Explorations into the colour spectrum and the endless colour combinations within it
- High quality images to demonstrate these colour combinations
- Fun and interesting insights into this vast and varied aspect of interior design
Best Company Blog
For the blogs you love to browse from companies with their own products and services, but who also place a strong emphasis on the industry as a whole. The Best Company Blog Award is for those created predominantly for business benefit. Experts in their field, these blogs are engaging, informative and always on brand. All nominees for the Best Company Blog Award must:
- Offer products and services on their websites along with a dedicated interior blog
- Clearly establish that they are an authority within the industry
- Ensure that their blog remains consistently on brand with the rest of the website
- Should endeavour to explore the latest trends and interior news without solely focusing on their own organisation and products
- This category also includes organisations, schools and charities
Best Craft Blog
For those that love to carefully create a variety of home accessories on their blog, the Best Craft Blog Award is for the blogs that focus on small crafting projects using their own bare hands and a few essential tools. A testament to creativity and handmade design, these blogs should exhibit:
- A focus on small crafting projects for the home
- High quality images with clear, easy to follow instructions
- Inexpensive craft solutions
Best Design Inspiration Blog
For those that love to explore the great depths of interior design, this category is for the out of the box thinkers that take a finer tuned look at the industry through the examination of furniture, products & trends. Each blog nominated for the Best Design Inspiration category needs to:
- Engage readers through the examination of specific products within the interior industry, as opposed to focusing entirely on showcasing whole design projects
- Accompany each post and insight with high resolution images to inspire readers as much as possible
- Have their finger on the pulse of current interior trends and demonstrate how readers can work these into their own homes
Best DIY & Home Improvement Blog
From entire room transformations to individual furniture projects, the blogs nominated in this category are the best out there for DIY and home improvement inspiration. For those that have the impressive talent of creating enviable interiors using their own DIY knowhow, these blogs create unique interiors all on their own and show you how to do the same. Nominees for the Best DIY & Home Improvement Blog Award should exhibit:
- Focus on large DIY projects such as whole rooms or large furniture pieces
- Insightful do it yourself tips and projects, each with clear step-by-step instructions for readers to carry out at home
- High quality images alongside instructions to assist with each task
- An emphasis on creating home interior features yourself without outside help
Best Interior Designer Blog
Juggling your interior design business and keeping your blog up to date is no easy task, but these bloggers take it all in their stride. With a strong commitment to the world of interior design, these blogs are the ultimate trend setters. Blogs in the Best Interior Designer Blog category should:
- Be an established interior designer who also explores the latest trends and news within the interior industry, not just their own projects & events.
- Demonstrate they are a leading expert in this field
- Remain on brand with the rest of their website
- Interior design companies can also be entered into this category.
Best Interior Magazine Blog
The leaders of the industry, interior magazines report the trends, set the styles and show us all of the beautiful things we can do with our decor. With many print magazines now writing their own blogs, this category is for those attached to a leading interiors publication. They should:
- Offer high quality advice to their target audience as defined in their media kits
- Provide non-buying shopping advice to their readers
- Demonstrate they are an authoritative leader in their field by exhibiting the latest & best interior trends and information
Best Interior Lifestyle Blog
For the blogs who love travel, fashion and beauty as much as they love interiors, the Best Lifestyle Interior Blog Award is dedicated to those that love to cover all lifestyle topics. Always impeccably stylish no matter the content, the Best Lifestyle Interior Blog nominees must:
- Publish at least one interiors related post a month
- Accompany each post with inspiring, high quality and relevant images
- Demonstrate expertise in each lifestyle field
Best Luxury Blog
From royal penthouses to private jets, these blogs document the best interiors money can buy. Renowned for their impeccable taste, every exciting space is a treasure trove of luxurious design and homewares, making this category the most decadent there is. Blogs nominated in this category should have:
- A strong emphasis on luxury interiors and settings & should focus on only the most high-end of design projects.
- Adverts (if any) aimed at the target market
- A clear price point across the site to position the blog as an elite example of the interior blogging world.
Best Newcomer Blog
The interior blogging world is full of rising new talent who are already inspiring us to try new things with our home decor. This category is designed to give those that started their blogging journey after December 2013 some well earned recognition. All blogs in the category must:
- Have been created after 1st January 2016
- Exhibit a clear understanding of the interior industry
- Have a consistent and informative style of writing
- Demonstrate breakthrough potential and talent in their chosen specific field
The following awards are not open for nominations and the recipients will be decided by the judging panel on the judging day then announced at the awards ceremony alongside the other awards. These awards are for the bloggers that excel in certain areas and the judges feel deserve a special mention for these aspects of their blogging.
Best Designed Blog
For the best looking blog in the industry, this award will be given to the blog the judges feel has gone above and beyond to achieve best design possible. No easy task to achieve, the winner of this award strives to ensure their blog always looks current, is impeccably styled at all times and is easy to navigate making it a joy for readers to visit.
Best use of Photography
Imagery can make or break a blog and this award is for the blog that goes further than the rest to exhibit the most outstanding original photography throughout the site. A talented photographer, the majority of the beautiful imagery on the winning blog will be the blogger’s own and each image will be an inspiration to readers for both their interiors and their own photography projects.
Best Written Blog
For those that love to craft a masterpiece with their words, this award is reserved for the best writers in the interior blogging industry who go one step beyond the rest with their writing quality. From funny and light-hearted reads to in-depth and educational posts, the winner of the Best Written Blog Award will have you coming back time and time again to check out their flawlessly scripted posts.
It is not possible to nominate any blogs for the Bloggers’ Choice Award, the 2017 shortlist will select the recipient of this award from all of the other shortlisted blogs. This blog will exemplify the best interior content and design in the industry and will be named as the leading blog for overall outstanding quality.